Disability awareness training
Over 20% of Australians have a disability. This workshop has been developed to empower participants to work effectively and confidently with people with disabilities, and to explore strategies for establishing a disability-friendly workplace. This workshop provides participants with general awareness of disability and focuses on attitudinal and practical issues for people with disabilities.
Who should attend
All staff from government and non-government sectors.
What the workshop covers
- explore a short history of disability
- examine definitions and types of disability
- learn appropriate language and terminology
- challenge myths and stereotypes
- gain insight into critical issues for people with disabilities
- learn appropriate communication strategies
- gain knowledge of the key legislation in the disability sector
- learn about key program areas in the disability services sector
- hear personal experience of disability from the presenter and guest speakers
- partake in scenarios and exercises which foster empathy and enhanced communication with people with a disability.
This is a one-day workshop, running 9.30am-3.30pm.
$320 + GST (total cost $352)
There are currently no events for this workshop.