Responding to child protection allegations against employees
This workshop provides an overview of employer’s obligations under the Ombudsman Act and covers how employers should respond to child protection allegations made against their employees. Participants examine the steps in the investigation process, risk assessment and management.
Who should attend
Heads of agencies, investigators, managers or supervisors, who are responsible for responding to and/or investigating reportable allegations or convictions against employees.
Staff involved in developing child protection policies, training and education.
By completing this workshop, participants will have a clear understanding of:
- roles and responsibilities of key agencies in child protection
- key principles for responding to an allegation
- steps in the investigation process
- risk assessment and risk management strategies
- good documentation and record keeping practices
- the development of findings based on available evidence
- appropriate responses to investigation findings
- ways to strengthen an agency’s child protection culture.
This is a one-day workshop, running 9.30am-4.30pm.
$351.82 + GST (total cost $387)
14 June 2017
09:30 - 16:30 (7 hours)